Adult Family Homes, Your Questions Answered.

What are Adult Family Homes or Personal Care Homes?

Adult Family Homes, or sometimes called Personal Care Homes, are one of the living agreements available to older persons and others who cannot comfortably or safely live alone. They are private facilities licensed by the State of Washington with a maximum capacity of six residents.

We are concerned about placing a family member in a Home For The Elderly and we are feeling confused and guilty about doing so.

This is very common and many people feel this way when confronted with this very hard decision. Rest assured, looking after the protection of your beloved is a caring gesture.

Eventually, dangerous falls and other issues have to finally be recognized and addressed by the family or guardian. It can be a daunting task for people to look after an elderly person and can be distracting from family, activities, children, and employment. This is especially true if their loved one also requires special needs and services. Often the responsibility is placed on one family member who then suffers burnout. Often the best answer is to put a member of the family in a safe and professional home style environment where health care is focused on the needs 24 hours per day.

How do I know which type of care facility to place my family member in?

There are three basic types:

Assisted Living Facilities are for folks who are basically in most ways independent and who are fully cognizant but may need some assistance with everyday living activities. Assisted living is a desired place for seniors who do not yet need an adult family home. They can be ambulatory and may easily walk to elevators, the lunchroom, and activities that are provided and don't need watching during sleep at night. They live as independently as it can be in an apartment environment. Assisted living facilities are typically not licensed to give nursing care.

Adult Family Homes or Personal Care Homes are for many who are forgetful, may fall, need help with remembering things, need assistance with activities of everyday living, need monitoring or supervision during the day and during the night, or who need more intensive help and treatment. When seniors require 24-hour special care and they're in danger for injuring themselves they should think about moving to an Adult Family Home which has both night and day professional licensed care.

Nursing Homes are for the ones that require more advanced or specialized care that a typical Adult Family Home cannot usually provide. Someone who has been diagnosed by a physician to be afflicted with a condition that requires skilled health care facilities (i.e., they may be a danger to themselves or others or have a debilitating condition) would be a prospect for a nursing home.

How do I tell which level of assistance they need?

You can locate qualified assessors who can do an assessment for an average cost of $300. An examination is required for legal reasons to ascertain your adored one's treatment needs and create a care plan based on the assessment. You can e mail us and we'll provide you with information on how to contact our assessor.

Is it the duty of family to make doctor meetings, pick up and deliver medications, and travelling, etc?

We can make doctor meetings and can help arrange the session with the family but the family would move the resident or request transportation. This is standard for nearly all homes because of insurance restrictions. We can provide a visiting home doctor who cares for the majority of the residents Click here to find out more in the home. The patient may register with the visiting doctor if they choose.

Just how many caregivers are employed at iCare Adult Family Home? Is there 24 hour care?

A caregiver is always required to be in the home as per State regulations. At iCare Adult Family Home we have two (2) caregivers working 24 hours per day and seven days a week. During the third shift one caregiver is permitted to sleep. Our caregivers are always close by and able to provide 1- on -1 assistance for all those activities of daily living.

What specific training do your caregivers have for this work?

iCare Adult Family Home personnel and providers have to pass the following training:
• Fundamentals of Care Giving
• Home Care Aide Certification / CNA
• Continuing Education equal to 12 hours yearly
• Nurse Delegation
• Mental Health and Dementia
• Food Handling
• Diabetes
• CPR / First Aid

How are your employees selected?

We diligently look for dependable, caring, trustworthy, patient, and conscientious employees to work with our clients. All of our caregivers have been carefully screened for education, experience, and criminal background.

How long have you been providing home health care?

iCare Adult Family Home has been providing high quality treatment locally for nearly 14 years now.

Are you licensed and carry professional insurance?

We are fully licensed and also have standard liability insurance coverage as required by the State of Washington.

How much will it cost to be looked after at iCare Adult Family Home?

Fees are derived from the amount of treatment and services required.

Would you accept Medicare or Medicaid?

Yes, we do accept Medicare or Medicaid and LONG-TERM Insurance.

What is your policy on a private pay resident’s switching to Medicaid?

When a private pay resident switches to Medicaid the patient can continue steadily to stay. We request that the patient or the family provides two months advance notice. All residents will continue to remain in a private room and can continue to have the same degree of care.

What if I need to cancel services can I permanently remove the occupant anytime?

Canceling services is no problem especially in a case of an emergency. We'd be grateful if you would contact us in advance.

Are all bedrooms private?

We've six (6) private rooms. Five private single bed rooms and one private double bedroom with private bathroom.

How many bathrooms are inside your home?

iCare Adult Family Home has three full bathrooms.

Are the bathrooms handicap accessible?

For our resident’s basic safety and coverage all bathrooms and walk in showers have safety bars and grab rails to enable residents to safely enter and exit the bath and shower areas.

What is your visitations policy?

We have an open door policy and the visiting times are between eight in the morning and nine at night.

Are there televisions in the patient rooms? What about internet and cable connections?

TV's and cable connection with all the Prime channels including HBO and Wi-fi are included.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *